A quick recipe you can make up in only 10 minutes. It's as simple as popping the ingredients into a mixer, then cooking in the oven for 25 minutes. Perfect for an afternoon snack.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup honey Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars on medium speed for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, waiting for each egg to be mixed in before adding another. Add the yogurt, milk, and almond extract. Mix until the yogurt is combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix the batter until smooth and there are no lumps, about 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in the blackberries.
- Spray a generous amount of non-stick spray into a crumbled paper towel and grease the top of a muffin tin. Line the tin with 12 paper baking cups. Fill each tin ⅔ full.
- Bake muffins for 12 minutes at 200 degrees.Then reduce the oven temperature to 175 degrees and bake for 13 more minutes or until the center of the muffins springs back when touched.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 3-5 minutes before removing.